Tympa Ear Wax Removal Service
In the United Kingdom it is estimated that around 3.9% of the population require management of ear wax each year with many people having to wait more than 6 months to get treatment. Due to the lack of treatment availability with the NHS many people simply go on living their lives with this condition, unaware that they can get treated at their local Pharmacy.
So, why is it important to take care of your hearing health?
Taking care of our hearing is vital! We all want to live life to the fullest and that is why good ear and hearing health is important to people of all ages. There are many factors that can affect our ear health including age, the misuse of ear buds, constant exposure to very loud noises and of course the build up of wax. If our ear health is compromised then our ability to hear deteriorates, this often causes people to be socially withdrawn.
Signs and Symptoms to look out for…
Being aware of our ear health will allow you to better manage your hearing. The following signs and symptoms could indicate that a patient has an ear or hearing problem:
- Loss of hearing
- Ears feeling full
- Ringing and itching
- Loss of balance
What to Expect at your Wax Removal Appointment
Rest assured that our specially trained clinicians will use the safest method of wax removal to help you hear again.
- In most cases we can remove the wax without any softening being required before the Microsuction treatment. We do recommend that you place two drops of olive oil into your ear the night before your appointment. In the instance that we cannot remove all of the wax, we recommend to return for further treatment.
- Your wax removal appointment will take around 30 mins.
- After asking a few questions to get a better understanding of the health of your ears, our clinician will examine your ears by using an otoscope (magnifier with a light). They will record this information to help keep track of any changes in your ear over time.
- We’ll then talk you through the procedure and show you the equipment that will be used and explain how it works. You’ll need to sign a consent form before we remove any wax from your ears.
- Once you are happy to go ahead, our clinician will use a magnifier and suction tube to gently remove any wax that’s in your ear.
- In most cases we can remove the wax without any softening being required before the Microsuction treatment, but we may ask you to use some drops prior to you appointment.
- After our clinician has performed the procedure, they will then check the health of your ears and record this information.
- If we are unsuccessful in removing any wax, we’ll advise you on your next steps.
Services & Pricing
Ear Wax Removal(Microsuction) – £60
Hearing Test – £20
Otoscopy – £15
!! Check with your local Right Medicine Pharmacy if they can offer this service !!