We all know smoking is very harmful to our health but giving up can be hard. But you too can stop smoking with Right Medicine Pharmacy’s Smoking Cessation Service.
Smoking rates are dropping faster than ever and not smoking is the social norm. However, there are still more than 7 million adults who smoke in the UK.
Why giving up smoking is difficult
Even people who really want to quit can find it hard.
That’s because the nicotine found in tobacco is very addictive and creates withdrawal symptoms and cravings. And it’s the withdrawal from the nicotine that makes quitting smoking hard. Common withdrawal symptoms include:
– Urge to smoke
– Weight gain
– Concentration problems
Tips to help you quit smoking
– Get support from friends by asking them not to smoke around you.
– Don’t replace cigarettes with food – go for a five-minute walk instead of your cigarette break to reduce your cravings.
– Save the money you would have spent on cigarettes in a jar so you can see your progress
– Stay positive – every day without a cigarette is a good thing
– E-cigarettes may help to quit smoking but are not a risk-free alternative
– You can also use different therapies to help you quit such as hypnotherapy, acupuncture, or counselling. Find what works for you.
How Right Medicine Pharmacy’s Smoking Cessation Service can help
Our pharmacist is an Accredited Stop Smoking Advisor and can give you advice about stopping smoking. Plus we can issue you with the appropriate anti-smoking products from the pharmacy.
The anti-smoking products we can provide include nicotine replacement, chewing gum and nasal sprays.
Giving up cigarettes is one of the best things to do for your health. Right Medicine Pharmacy is here to help you quit smoking for good.